Sunday, December 23, 2007
In Part 1 I told you about Paid Surveys and Data Entry. Here's the other 2 most popular internet scams to avoid.
They lure you to sign up and give you a cookie cutter site that you can use to advertise to your friends to try to get them to sign up. There usually is no benefit to signing up, no other way to earn money than to pay for a membership and sell the opportunity to "5 of your friends".
Some of them even charge huge amounts for you to join and then they have you give up your first two sales to your upline. Then whatever you make after is yours. Hmmm. Seems like the person at the top is making all the money.
Anything closely resembles this is an internet MLM or ponzi scheme, not a beneficial way for you to make money using the internet. There is no product that you can sell to others so your money is totally dependent on people getting suckered into this.
Get Rich Quick
You probably know these. These sites tell you how you can make money almost overnight. Just set it up and watch the money pour into your bank account. They further try to pull you in by showing you their new Lambourghini that they bought or their mansion.
Most of the times its some broke kid who wants to make some money and they start making money by selling their 'get rich quick' program.
I probably should have said this first but if you're still reading, there is no 'get rich quick' on the internet. It takes hard work and dedication just like any other business, but if you're good enough and get the right training, you could be earning a substantial income in just a few months.
Just be on the look out for what you are presented with and always do your research.
Thats why you should always be careful how you go about looking for opportunities on the internet.
Here are the top 4 types of programs to avoid on the internet.
Paid Surveys promise you easy money just by answering questionairres and there are in fact sites that will pay. The thing is the sites tell you that you can earn $5 -$150 for each survey that you fill out. I've been involved with these types of programs before and rarely do I ever see a survey for $5 or more. Most usually pay $2 the most.
When there is a survey for any substantial amount you usually have to qualify by answering a screening survey and the survey usually takes place over a few days. If you do happen to get a survey like this it only happens once in a blue moon.
The websites that are set up to show you these survey sites usually charge somewhere like $35 and all they do is give you links to survey sites that you could otherwise find free elsewhere. Don't pay for these sites. Keep in mind that even if you try out surveys you won't make much money as you will usually have to put up with all kinds of rules such as a limit for payout and other mumbo jumbo.
Data Entry/Home Typing
Again the promise of easy money catches a lot of people. This is one of those 'too good to be true' programs. See a site that says that you can earn money by typing data online and you'll get paid by companies that never turn you down... close your browser window immediately.
Especially if they charge you money. What happens is they tell you one thing on the site and when you sign up its totally different, usually the same data entry but you make money by selling their program online through Google Adwords. Not fair at all. Most people who just want to do data entry don't even want to do affiliate marketing which is why they end up disappointed and for good reason.
Stay away from these types of programs.
Click Here to read Pt2 of this post.
The audience watching these late night infomercials are largely made up of people who know little or nothing about making money online.
Because of this they would bite at the promise of quick and easy money this being the case of one particular latenight infomercial... Jeff Paul's Shortcuts to Internet Millions.
This particular product is very deceptively promoted and the unsuspecting viewer who dreams of easy cash will usually get lured in.
My word of advice is whenever you hear about a particular product do some research and make sure that you are reliably informed about it before taking out your credit card. This will not only save you from being scammed but it will save you your hard earned money.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Billions of dollars are being made every year on the internet as people get more comfortable making purchases online. This presents the opportunity for ordinary people to make money from the comfort of their own homes.
There are lots of ways to make money online - where there's a service, product or the need for information there is the opportunity to make money.
Some of the ways to earn money online include:
- Affiliate Marketing - this is my favorite and I'm actively involved in this type of business. Affiliate marketing has helped thousands of ordinary people quit their day jobs and earn a full time income from home. Its also produced millionaires and is probably the easiest way to set up a business from home with little or no start up cost. If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing sign up for the free 7 day course.
- Ebay Sales - More than one third of the money made online every year is made on ebay. Ebay is an online auction site where you can set up your own store and sell anything at all from the stuff you have at home that you don't want to brand new items that are hot and in demand.
- Web Design - There's big demand for talented web designers since the face of any online business is a website. A nicely designed website can mean the difference between making no money online and making thousands. Web designers usually get paid from $500 - $5000 per website and even more.
- Freelance Jobs - If you're good at something, then your services might be needed online. Some companies and online businesses need work done probably because they cant do it themselves or need to outsource the work so they can have time to do something else. Advertisers post jobs and you bid on them in a marketplace. The advertiser selects a winning bid and that person is paid when the job is completed. Web design, article writing, proof reading and data entry are some examples of jobs available at freelance sites.
- Get Paid To Write - Websites need content and one of latest ways to make money using the internet is to submit content to websites. This comes in the form of writing short articles and even uploading photos and videos after creating a profile. Sites like Helium and Associated Content pay you for submitting articles.
- Revenue Sharing - Some sites also pay you for participating on their website and will share revenue with you once you set up an account with a third party site that they use to display ads on their site. Adsense revenue sharing is one such example and there are lots of sites now sharing revenue with their members.
- Selling Your Own Product or Service - If you have a product or service that could be particularly useful to a group of people then you can set up a website with an online payment processor and sell your product. Lots of people are making good money selling ebooks and software online. These are popular because they are instantly downloadable.
These are just 7 of the ways you can make money using the internet from home. There are more ways but these are by far the most popular. Be careful though, not every one is honest and there are a lot of scams out there. If you don't do the proper research you could end up disappointed.
Hopefully that doesnt' happen to you.